Monday, June 15, 2009

Summer's coming

Well I have not been busy, lazy, but not busy. I had gotten stuck playing a game last week and finally beat it by Sunday morning. My downfall happens to be RPGs. So I really didn't accomplish a thing this week. Actually I did accomplish something. I got two desks for free and painted one of them. I use the big one for my computer and the smaller one is being used to store spare computer parts and is used when I paint. Then I organized some of the stuff I have in my space I use for my office. So I guess I accomplished more than I thought.

The kids are getting excited as school is coming to an end. Ashley is set to go on her 5th grade field trip. Hopefully the rain will stay away. It has been raining every two days it seems and there is always the daily threat of a passing shower. Hunter is not as happy that school is coming to an end. She actually likes to be at school. She has the grades, minus the D in social studies, but she has assured me that has come up to a B. We will see. She is going to be a freshman in HS next year. She has confided to me that she would like to go to summer school, not because she has to, but because it would keep her occupied. Unfortunately, I can't afford to send her. We, the school and I are trying to get her more involved. She loves to write, so we are going to be looking at the school newspaper and yearbook staff. She has the vocabulary, prose and spelling covered. I am concerned though that she takes her ideas from others work. I have explained to her that it is plagerism and I am trying to guide her to work through her own brainstorms with free writing, -thank you Ms. House, college English professor. I have a feeling that Hunter will be at the library more than she will be at home. At least by living in the area, she can ride her bike there.

So with one week left to go before school is over for the summer, I am stuck finding ideas of things we can do on a budget. We have a bike trail really close to the house and there is a nature trail behind the local school so I have a feeling we will spend some time on those. We will be taking the kids fishing a couple times as my husband and I both enjoy that. I figured we would also plan to go to one of the county fairs. I would love to take them to the State Fair again, but you really need to have the cash and I don't think my budget can really afford it. Fourth of July we will do the local fireworks. I thought about a couple days at the beach. Just looking for cheap or free things to do that are local.

Well I am off to get Ashley going for her day. I truly hate mondays. They seem to be the worst when getting kids up. Until next time...

No comments: