Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Hell?

Well, here I am my morning has begun already and its barely 3 am. I can't sleep again, Let me rephrase, I went to sleep but I woke up and instead of tossing and turning for the next 3+ hours I am up and making coffee. I haven't posted here in a long time.

We have a new addition to our family. I will post pictures of her later. She is just a little fluff ball. We still haven't figured out a name for her. But she is definitely spunky. Stands up to three year old chocolate labs like she is much bigger. She fits in the palm of your hand and can curl up on a shoulder. I probably shouldn't have, but after losing two cats within 6 months of each other, it was a little easier to do. Ashley had been asking about a cat for some time. And my older cat, had been acting strange lately, we think he was lonely. I needed another cat like I need a hole in my head, but maybe I will become the hero. Ahh who knows! She is so cute. Gray little puffball. Maybe I just needed something that wants me to take care of it. I am not having anymore children, that boat has sailed. After having two children with some type of disability, I think the chance to have another with a disability is too great a risk. Besides we really can't afford a child. So we got a kitten. She needs a name. I need sleep.

This blog was originally for the pups, which are now adult labs. Each with a personality of their own. Abigail is the dominant female and takes charge, while Chelsea is very docile. We call her Chicken Little some days. They are both very well behaved and do not chew. Abby tends to be the hyper one and repeatedly sniffs everyone who walks in the door. Sometimes we have a hard time separating her from the milk man as he comes every Monday and says good morning just to her. We have a food delivery guy who brings treats for them when he visits, he brings the good treats from the vets office, so Abby makes sure to love him up. Abby is still a jumper, something about her, we can't get her to stop, no matter how much we try. Eventually one day we will figure it out.

Usually the dogs sleep on the couch when I get up this early, but this morning because of the new addition, they are posted in the dining room. The kitten is exploring the kitchen, it appears that she has explored the bottom half of the house and will be exploring the top half soon. Abby is trying to be a mother. Chelsea is still unsure. My fixed male Persian is trying to figure her out, but is making friends with her. He hasn't hissed or swatted her. I take that back, he just hissed and Abby is right there to diffuse the situation. She is hissing at him now. I am sure the next few days will be that of adjustment.

I picked up the kitten after the kids had gone to bed. When Ashley came down to get a drink, I had the kitten in the cat box and was blocking the view. Ashely said " What do you got, Mom?" Then came over and looked and didn't see the fuzzball at first, then looked again and got all excited. All the questions came, the typical when, where, what questions. We have to name her. So that will be my chore during the day to name the kitten. I must be crazy.

I will have to post updated pictures of the dogs and that will come soon, maybe I can get one with the new kitten with the dogs, in a couple of days I think. Well off to surf the net and read all the news that happened the last 4 hours. By the way its Stanley Cup Playoff time again, Detroit and Pitt. Detroit leads the series 2-1, lost the game last night at Pitt. Go Redwings!

No comments: