Friday, September 11, 2009

My favorite time of year...

This is my favorite time of year. The kids have returned to school. HOORAY!!! No more full time referee. No more fighting children all damn day long. No hearing, "I am bored, there is nothing to do." I love them dearly but they can get on a person's nerves. They have been in school since Wednesday. So far no major problems, Hunter is joining the International Club and Student Council. She is excited that she is back in school. Ashley is in a small class and likes her teacher so that is a bonus. Ashley is not so glad to be back in school, messes with her inner clock. So, she wakes up miserable most days.

Another reason why this is my favorite time of year is the definite weather change. The changing of the leaves always makes me feel better. This is also the month I got married, 13 years ago. Yes, its been that long. I am feeling older, certainly not wiser.

Not much is happening lately, the job prospects have been dismal at best. But there is another Job interview on the horizon. So I am prepping myself for that. Hopefully, I can land this, again its only part time but atleast it is a foot in the door. I really must be screwing up my interviews so I will stand and practice in front of a mirror this weekend. Ahhh fun.

How come everything that could go wrong does? Our vehicle needs some work. The power steering lines need to be replaced and the wheel bearings are shot. It would make it easier if I could fix it myself. But I really don't have the space. So I need to find a decent mechanic. Thanks to my Uncle I know what is wrong with it. Its nice having a Chrysler Mechanic in the family. I would never ask him to fix it for me, thats just not cool. But at least I have the knowledge of what is wrong so no one can tell me that the car "needs this and this and this and ohh thats going to have to be replaced" So it will be a fun day trying to get a mechanic to listen to me.

Well thats really all that is going on so far this month. Maybe next time I will have exciting news.

No comments: