Monday, September 14, 2009

The joys of owning a car...

Cars, where I live we can't live with without them, not a lot of public transportation, and you can't afford to fix em. We have a 99 Dodge Intrepid ES, the 3.2 liter engine. Well a couple weeks ago we noticed a puddle under the car, ok no big deal since it wasn't oil. Well it was the power steering line, so we will limp it along, cost a fortune in power steering fluid until we can afford to replace the damn pressure line. NOT CHEAP!!! About a week ago, we hit a pothole, a big one. Why can't NYS maintain the roads? I have no friggin clue but DOT workers have the greatest job ever, that is a rant for another day. We immediately started hearing a grinding/thumping noise. OHH Great. What can be wrong now? So we heard the noise and then it went away and then it came back again with a vengeance.

This morning I had my job interview in Amsterdam NY, about 15 miles away, well the trip took much longer than it should. It was definitely bad on my anxiety. I imagined every car crash scenario including the car landing in the Mohawk River. Losing a wheel and hitting another car and then being creamed by the tractor trailer that went by. Or better yet was losing a wheel and flipping over and over again. Needless to say, I am alive and well. My husband says I have no faith in him. I do, I have no faith in the fact that whatever can go wrong, will go wrong. The whole front end shook and the thumping got worse. And worse. I had white knuckles all the way home. I am so glad that we made it home in one piece. The car did as well, the wheel didn't fall off.

The car is now sitting at the garage because I have made a deal with our mechanic, who used to be a friend of the families. Thank you, Tony C. I truly appreciate what you are doing for me. Hopefully, things are going to change. This bad luck streak is seriously depressing me. Something has got to give.

No comments: