Sunday, August 09, 2009

Just another Sunday

OK Its Sunday! Another fun filled week ahead. ZZZ! OK I am trying to look positive on this. I get to spend time with my family. I get to work on the antique Hoosier cabinet I acquired, I did two coats of stain on the inside doors and I am not really happy with the finish, I have to look at them in better light. Thankfully its the inside of the doors and not the outside. I have to finish sanding the roll top door, that's a pain. Have to get inside all the slats. FUN! Getting ready to stain the main upper piece of the cabinet. Not too worried about the inside, its the outside that is my main concern. Most of the inside is sanded and ready to go except for the bottom where the roll top door goes. Need to finish sanding that. As for the base, I am hoping I can save it. Some flood damage, so I am not sure. I started removing layers of paint on it today with a heat gun. Noticed lots of warping and cracks in the wood, my husband says it gives it character. I plan on using this cabinet for storage. I will be using the top piece long before I use the bottom. After this project I need to finish stripping the woodwork in my dining room. Then Paul suggested that I will be tearing apart the kitchen cabinets to strip and stain. He's right, that was my next big project. So at least I have time to do all these wonderful things. But time is short and the school year is fast approaching. One starting high school, one in sixth grade. Ahh the fun things. I have to spend the extra money I have saved for school clothes. Its not a lot, by any standards but its something. I was hoping to save that towards Christmas, but I am not working as of yet. Maybe this week I will get some good news. Keeping fingers crossed. Wishing on stars and all that. Well laundry calls as it always does. I saved it for tonight when it wouldn't be so muggy, hopefully I can get most of it done. Doubt it. One good thing is that I am sleeping somewhat decently, Paul says that I am out and he has a hard time adjusting to the silent mummy like being next to him. Well that's a good thing, better than being awake until the sun rises.

No comments: